It is so awesome to be off sugar for the first time in my life…I ate the “right” sugars…organic maple syrup…coconut vanilla creamer…and had rising cholesterol, osteoporosis and a little too high blood pressure…I say had because I’ve done the
Whole30 for about 24 days now (baby cheat and started over…just sayin’)…and it’s amazing how great I feel (I know it is/will reverse the above issues)…I fought demons for the first couple of days…but I was fierce and won…not saying i won’t ever do sugar again (not doing beans, grains, dairy either) but I can say I do know how I feel off sugar and it’s the first time in my life I can say that (minus periodic fasting)…Love having the visceral information.
And I can say it’s really easy…at least it is for me…and Lora is doing it, too…and she is not complaining). I think it’s perfect for addictive personalities (I personally believe we are all addicted to something…food, computers, shopping and all the obvious vices)…usually with diets you have to moderate food intake. Well it’s hard as hell to stop eating a delicious piece of cheese not too mention quit after a few bites of gelato. With Whole30 (and the Paleo Diet) you refrain from sugar, dairy, gains and beans. It’s a lot easier for me to eliminate something….simplify than portion control (or lack thereof). I’m delighted at the increased concentration, sense of peace, loss of weight and easy sleep (something that has evaded me for many years). I’ve always heard sugar is the most addiction substance on the planet…I know one things for sure we don’t have to look far to find if’s trail of destruction.
Just read this on my friends Facebook page..
This addictive and commonly consumed food feeds cancer cells, triggers weight gain, and promotes premature aging.
* Sugar feeds cancer
* Sugar increases cholesterol
* Sugar can weaken eyesight
* Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children
* Sugar can interfere with the absorption of protein
* Sugar causes food allergies
* Sugar contributes to diabetes
* Sugar can contribute to eczema in children
* Sugar can cause cardiovascular disease
* Sugar can impair the structure of DNA
* Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children
* Sugar contributes to the reduction in defense against bacterial infection (infectious diseases)
Sugar greatly assists the uncontrolled growth of Candida Albicans (yeast infections) * Sugar contributes to osteoporosis